Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
Program Evaluation Advisor, Environmental Monitoring, Verification, and Evaluation (MVE) Project, Egypt
View Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promte clean technology in a larger map
With support from (USAID)/Egypt, Mr. Bando worked with government authorities, industry, community groups, and other stakeholders to develop a comprehensive evaluation plan for Egypt’s $280 million Energy and Environmental Policy Program that is aimed at promoting energy efficiency and mitigating GCC impacts. Mr. Bando implemented:
- The MVE framework linking environmental priorities to the National Economic Development Plan such that the strategy, operational policies, programs, and institutional structure are tied to promotion of private sector participation (PSP) in key infrastructure projects.
- Benchmarks to ensure that appropriate MVE protocols are introduced to allow PSP at provincial level projects.
- Environmental, economic, and poverty reduction parameters as part of a comprehensive monitoring and data management system leading to efficient monitoring for results and an increased likelihood of private provision of critical municipal services.
Under Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
- Program Evaluation Advisor, Environmental Monitoring, Verification, and Evaluation (MVE) Project, Egypt
- Team Leader, Development of Operational Structure of Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB), India
- Principal Investigator, Evaluation of the Impact of the Asian Financial Crisis on Private Sector Participation in Environmental Investments, Indonesia
- Team Leader, Examination of Program Premises of US-Asian Environmental Partnership (US-AEP) Project, USAID, Washington, D.C.