Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
Team Leader/Privatization Advisor, Development of Procurement Procedures for Electricity of Viet Nam (EVN)
View Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promte clean technology in a larger map
Under this USTDA project, Mr. Bando assisted EVN develop proper bidding documents for a $12 million procurement of hardware and software under World Bank guidelines. The package was used to upgrade EVN’s financial management systems. Once bidders had submitted their bids, Mr. Bando continued to assist EVN in selecting the winning bidder and helped the national power company’s 55 units implement the program. In addition he:
- Identified capacity improvement needs and training relevant officials to handle future procurements using international norms,
- Developed a transparent procurement system to be used by other agencies in Vietnam.
Under Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
- Program Evaluation Advisor, Environmental Monitoring, Verification, and Evaluation (MVE) Project, Egypt
- Team Leader, Development of Operational Structure of Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB), India
- Principal Investigator, Evaluation of the Impact of the Asian Financial Crisis on Private Sector Participation in Environmental Investments, Indonesia
- Team Leader, Examination of Program Premises of US-Asian Environmental Partnership (US-AEP) Project, USAID, Washington, D.C.