Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
Team Leader, Promotion and Assessment of Environmentally Sound Projects at the State Level, India
View Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promte clean technology in a larger map
Under this ADB project, Mr. Bando advised the Ministry of Environmental and Forestry (MoEF), Ministry of Finance, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), GIDB, ICICI, SIDBI, Madhya Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), and other government and non-government agencies. Worked closely with relevant line ministries in several states including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka to:
- Develop/implement a comprehensive framework for Private Sector Participation (PSP) in environmentally sound projects that help mitigate Global Climate Change (GCC) impacts.
- Establish channels via which national agencies can act as catalysts and facilitate state initiatives aimed at PSP in key sectors – with a strong focus on the small-scale sector.
- Develop an industrial estate based program for clusters of industries (at Naroda) to promote private sector funded clean production projects (included detailed assessment of the risks associated with such ventures).
The prototype was established in Gujarat and demonstrated to authorities in Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra to show how projects can be bundled efficiently.
Under Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
- Program Evaluation Advisor, Environmental Monitoring, Verification, and Evaluation (MVE) Project, Egypt
- Team Leader, Development of Operational Structure of Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB), India
- Principal Investigator, Evaluation of the Impact of the Asian Financial Crisis on Private Sector Participation in Environmental Investments, Indonesia
- Team Leader, Examination of Program Premises of US-Asian Environmental Partnership (US-AEP) Project, USAID, Washington, D.C.