Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
Team Leader, Development of Operational Structure of Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB), India
View Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promte clean technology in a larger map
For the ADB Mr. Bando designed and implemented the operational guidelines for GIDB. An apex level body, GIDB was designed as a “one-stop-shop” for infrastructure development in the state of Gujarat. National and state level sector guidelines for power, water and wastewater, ports and surface transportation, and health care facilities were reviewed, updated and implemented in a manner that would allow for increased private sector participation (PSP) in infrastructure development. As part of this assignment, Mr. Bando:
- Reviewed the existing institutional structure at the port authority, ministry of health, and other state agencies
- Evaluated the legislative framework for promoting PSP
- Identified gaps and weaknesses and recommended ways in which GIDB as the nodal agency, could facilitate PSP in Gujarat
- Assisted state authorities finalize a BOT law, and
- Drafted prototype BOT/BOO agreements.
This assignment focused on capacity enhancement within GIDB to enable the institution meet international norms on international bidding and resulted in a $250 million loan package to implement recommended improvements within GIDB.
Under Policy, regulatory and organizational development to promote clean technology
- Program Evaluation Advisor, Environmental Monitoring, Verification, and Evaluation (MVE) Project, Egypt
- Team Leader, Development of Operational Structure of Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB), India
- Principal Investigator, Evaluation of the Impact of the Asian Financial Crisis on Private Sector Participation in Environmental Investments, Indonesia
- Team Leader, Examination of Program Premises of US-Asian Environmental Partnership (US-AEP) Project, USAID, Washington, D.C.